Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy IndePOOdence day


To my american friends: enjoy the holiday you bastards, Canada Day was on a tuesday this year, how lame is that? You get friday off?! Sheesh.

In other news, I spent the morning at school working on an extra curricular project and had the need to defecate so I took advantage of the nice low flow toilets in the new building. Made by American Standard it claims on the back of the bowl to use 6 litres of water per flush. Not bad. I think the usual home toilet is about 10L. These were installed in part to meet LEED specifications for sustainability. I think the building is designed for silver, or maybe gold certification. Anyway, the urinals are waterless and the toilets are 6 litres to a flush, the lights have motion sensors and timers and air circulation is cleverly calculated for efficiency. But they only just installed a bike rack and they leave the computers in the lab on all day/night.

I thought this was a fun poo because it came out all at once, really easy, quite soft. It was like a 30 second poo, seriously, even though it's a pretty substantial one. And check out the symmetry at the bottom. Like a bow tie of poo!

No comments: