Friday, June 6, 2008

Meet the Poorents

I'm spending the weekend at my parents house in order to attend my niece's 5th birthday party and to help my dad launch his boat. Usually staying with my parents means eating steak and french fries, or hamburgers and french fries, or roast beef and mashed potatoes, or something else along those lines.

By the way, doesn't this poo look like a slice of pizza?

My parents, however, have been trying to eat better because they're getting pretty damn old, and pretty damn heavy. So far it's been working and my dad has lost 20 pounds or so, which is a amazing. What's disturbing about it though is that he doesn't really look thinner, so I don't know what's going on.

Tonight we had Shrimp and Vegetable kabobs. Pretty good, not too exciting. We'll be having smoked salmon tomorrow night. My dad got a smoker for his birthday, so he'll be smoking it himself, which is kind of exciting.

Oh, staying with my parents also means an unlimited supply of beer, coke and chips. Since those are usually only purchased for me, the presence of these items is not affected by my parent's diet.

No comments: