Sunday, August 3, 2008

Suburban Chinese Food (not Markham)

So I felt a little stranded for dinner Saturday night. My parents were out entertaining my aunt in Toronto and I was stuck in the suburbs with no food in the house. Okay, there might have been some eggs, maybe some bread, flour, etc. But nothing that jumped out at me as food. Cooking doesn't really seem like an option when I'm visiting my parents, so yeah, I felt kind of abandoned.

So I ordered Chinese Food. I ordered kind of a lot. I don't know why, I guess I just wanted some variety. There's a place called Mr. Wok's next to the convenience store a 15 minute walk from my parents house. It sounds like a franchise, but it isn't, and it doesn't look like one either. i don't know what they're going for, but whatever.

It was greasy and not very good anyway. That's probably my fault. I should have just gotten the sweet and sour chicken balls and special fried rice, but I had to get fancy. I got chicken chow mein, sweet and sour spare ribs and chicken fried rice, with egg rolls and fortune cookies. Pretty adventurous.

No comments: