Friday, December 12, 2008

First Poo in the New House!!

Oh hooray.


So last night I met up with some friends from school to sing Karaoke at The Gladstone hotel's Melody Bar. It was a blast! My girlfriend even came, which was great because she got to see me sing Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan. I was probably monotone and uninteresting but it was a short song and people seemed to enjoy it. We also got up as a group and same Bohemian Rhapsody which was fun.

And we drank a lot. Hence, my first poo at my brother's house was the Beer Shits. Don't we all love beer shits?

And I always think of Charles Bukowski when I get beer shits because that's where I first heard the term. I didn't have a name for it before then. You might even say this blog exists because of Charles Bukowski. Hopefully that doesn't tarnish his reputation. But the truth is he spoke frankly about shit in his poems and that inspired me to write frankly about my shits. So it's simply a matter of fact.

The house is quite nice, plenty of room, although I had to clean up the basement a lot to make space for myself. Junk was kind of sprawled about. The bedroom seemed small, but then I turned the bed 90 degrees and pushed it against the wall and now I have enough room to work out a bit, so that's cool. My brother has a lot of junk because he gets a lot of free stuff due to the nature of his business (movie business). I'm going to suggest a yard sale in the spring/summer to get rid of some of it. The most puzzling thing about this place though is that there are tons of CDs, hundreds, maybe over a thousand CDs in all kinds of racks and cases, but I can't find a CD player anywhere. So strange.

I do believe that life here will be good, although it is further away from everything than where I was before. That'll just force me to plan things better though.

No comments: